- Thorough one hour initial assessment
- Thirty minute follow up sessions
- Education regarding injury management, pain management and future prevention
- Personalized exercise programs to optimize your recover and help you meet your goals
- Manual Therapy
- Treatment ultrasound
- Treatment of musculoskeletal pain affecting the back, neck, shoulder, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, ankles and feet
- Sprains and strains
- Arthritis Management
- Sciatica and Nerve pain
- Degenerative Disk Disease (DDD)
- Rotator cuff tears and tendonitis
- Post Surgical Rehabilitation
- Post Fracture Rehabiliation
- Whiplash Injuries
- Motor Vehical Accident Rehabilitation
- Work Related Injuries
- Unfortunately with sport, there is also injury.
- Proper management of a sports injury can ensure optimal healing and can get you back in the game quicker.
- Woolwich Physiotherapy is the official physiotherapy provider of the Elmira Sugar Kings
Home Exercise Handouts
- A clearly defined and explained home exercise program is important to recovery.
- The correctly prescribed and performed exercises can greatly reduce pain and help restore function.
- Likewise, an incorrectly prescribed or performed exercise has the potential to aggravate a condition.
- Computer generated exercise printouts can be printed at the clinic, emailed to you or even texted to your mobile device.
- View your specific exercise program online and double check your technique as many exercises have corresponding videos online.
Concussion symptoms may include: headache, neck pain, nausea/vomiting, dizziness, loss of balance, feeling stunned or dazed, visual disturbances, sensitivity to light or noise, difficulty remembering and concentrating, sleep disturbances, as well as personality and emotional changes.
80-90% of concussions resolve in a a short 7-10 day period. Unfortunately, the other 10-20% can have ongoing post concussion symptoms for several weeks or even several months.
Woolwich Physiotherapy can assist with acute concussion management to help assist with a safe return to sport, school and work.
And for the unfortunate minority with prolonged Post-Concussion Symptoms, we can help. Concussions are complex and often many healthcare professionals play a role in a persons recovery. With careful assessment and appropriate treatment – physiotherapy can help to optimize recovery from concussion.
- Acupuncture is a therapeutic modality used to encourage natural healing, reduce and relieve pain and improve function of affected areas in the body.
- Very fine and sterile needles are inserted into specific points in the body.
- Acupuncture stimulates the body to produce its own pain relieving chemicals called “endorphines”.
- Endorphines block pathways that relay pain messages from the body to the brain resulting in pain relief, relaxation and biochemical restoration of the bodies natural regulation systems.